Josiah Guthrie is the hyper-gestated son of Avengers members Cannonball and Smasher when they lived on the Shi'ar homeworld, Chandilar.
Powers and Abilities
Thermo-Chemical Energy Field Propulsion: Similar to his father, Josiah was capable of generating thermo-chemical energy from his body. He can fire it from almost any part of his body, to a wide variety of effects, such as channeling it into bio-kinetic blasts from his hands and even entire body.
- Blast Field: In the same way as his father, Josiah could generate a impenetrable and virtually indestructible blast field. Shi'ar test concluded his blast field was actually tougher than Samuel's. He can use this blast-field to function as a personal shield or extending it to encompass others, shape the field around another person to imprison them, or absorb outside kinetic impact into his own energy supply and then re-channel it to increase the bludgeoning power of his blows or create explosive shock waves upon impact.
- Superhuman Durability: Josiah is capable of withstanding tremendous amounts of punishment. He can withstand high caliber bullets with ease. He can also withstand rockets, torpedoes with minimal damage.
- Superhuman Strength: Josiah has a degree of superhuman strength, allowing him to lift at least 3 tons under normal conditions.
- Flight: Josiah has the ability to defy gravity and fly at incredible speeds.
- Photokinesis: Josiah can generate balls of light of varying sizes and levels of brightness. He has also demonstrated an intense offensive use of this power that involves creating large, powerful balls of light that can be thrown some distance away, exploding and temporarily blinding those exposed to it.