Superhuman Strength, also called super strength or enhanced strength, is an ability commonly utilized in fiction. It is the ability for any creature to be stronger than normally possible given their proportions. Characters with super strength have been found in many ancient mythologies and religions. Superhuman strength is a common feature across a wide range of mediums, such as novels, comic books, television, films, and video games.
Superhuman strength is used in for several characters in fantasy and sci-fi, with a variety of proposed mechanisms such as cyborg body parts or genetic modification and even telekinetic fields in science fiction, or divine or magical/supernatural sources in fantasy. A plethora of comic book superheroes and supervillains usually have a degree of super strength. The level of strength portrayed can vary greatly, from just outside the "normal" human range of the strongest weightlifters of a given size or muscle mass, to nearly unlimited. In most portrayals, superhuman strength is usually accompanied by superhuman stamina and durability as well.
In the Marvel universe, Superhuman strength is often measured by a Class structure based on the number of tons a character can lift of his or her head, from 1 to 100 (Class 20, Class 50, Class 100, etc). Characters who can lift more than 100 tons often have incalculable or unlimited strength. But in the marvel hand books the first class of superhuman is classed at over head pressing 800 lbs through the 25 ton range. While Peak human is classed at over head pressing twice one's body weight.
- Strike with superhuman force
- Lift massive objects and throw them with ease
- Create makeshift weapons and tools out of basic objects (by deforming the shape/appearance of said object)
- Break through reinforced barriers with relative ease
- Certain super-strong characters can create shock waves by simply clapping their hands together or slamming their fists/feet against the ground
- Certain super-strong characters can use their overly-developed leg muscles to leap great distances
- If a character has exceptional skill in hand-to-hand combat, one can combine their skills with their increased strength with devastating results